Buy these two books and get a built-in 10% discount.
The books cover Stage 0 to Stage 1 (Year 0).
Books 1-2 Set Printed Hard Copy 2020 Edition
Book 1 and Book 2 in printed form.
You will also get:
- information about the curriculum,
- learning intention checklist, sticker chart and stickers,
- suggested Apple and Android applications,
- worksheets, activities and board games,
- certificates and other print-and-cut resources.
Book 1 covers the 9 learning intentions for children aged about 4 to 5 years old.
At this level, children need to practice recognising numbers up to ten. They need to become confident at counting forwards to ten and backwards from ten. They need to know numbers before and after a given number. They need to be able to order numbers up to six.
The learning intentions covered in Book 1 are:
- Knows the names of the main colours
- Able to sort by up to two attributes
- Able to match one to one
- Able to copy and create a simple repeating pattern
- Able to count to 10
- Able to recognise numerals to 6
- Able to count a set of objects to 6
- Able to order numerals to 6
- Able to give the number before and after in the range 0-6
Book 2 covers the 9 learning intentions for children aged about 4 to 6 years old.
At this level, children can count all groups of objects but don’t yet add two numbers together. Finger patterns to ten are an important strategy for children to use. This helps them to visualise basic additions, such as 5 + 1 = 6 and 5 + 2 = 7, etc.
The learning intentions covered in this book are:
- Able to recognise numerals to 10
- Able to count a set of objects to 10
- Able to count backwards from 10
- Able to recognise patterns to 5
- Knows groupings within 5
- Able to partition a set into two subsets
- Able to order numbers to 10
- Able to give the number before and after up to 10
- Able to recognise and copy number patterns
Bound books (2018 Editions) have cardboard covers, are printed in A3 and bound by staples. They come with cardboard resource pages.
Printed books (2020 Editions) are printed directly from the PDF version and are loose sheets of paper. They come with paper resource pages.
- printed two-sided on A4 paper, except games, print-and-cut resources and certificates, which are printed on single-sided A4 paper
- in full colour
- not bound
- formatted to open as they would in paperback form so that facing pages open correctly side-by-side.
The Linear Series (Books 1-20) cover ALL learning intentions in the curriculum. They start at Year 0 (Book 1) and continue to Year 6 (Stage 6). The Linear Series books are recommended if you wish to support your child through the mathematics curriculum as they grow.
The Subject Area books (addition and subtraction, multiplication and fractions) are collections of the material taken from the Linear Series (Books 1-20). The Subject Area books cover only learning intentions that are relevant to that book. The Subject Area books are recommended if your child has a particular difficulty in one area, like fractions.