The learning intentions covered in this book are:
- Able to recognise symbols for half and quarter
- Able to find halves and quarters of shapes (early)
- Able to find halves and quarters of sets
- Able to find halves and quarters of shapes (advanced)
- Able to find half or quarter of a set using doubles
- Able to recognise symbols for third and fifth
- Able to find thirds and fifths of shapes
- Able to recognise wholes with fractions left over
Level 1 Fractions Printed Booklet
Please note that this product is a paper printed copy of our e-version booklet.
- printed two-sided on A4 paper, except games, print-and-cut resources and certificates, which are printed on single-sided A4 paper
- in full colour
- not bound
- formatted to open as they would in paperback form so that facing pages open correctly side-by-side.
Level 1 Fractions - taken from the Reaching Competence Mathematics Programme.
At this level, students are starting to understand that numbers can be thought of as “wholes” and be divided (or “cut into”) several parts. They are learning their doubles and halves to 20 and are beginning to recognise the common unit fractions ½, ⅓, ¼ and ⅕. At this level, students will need reminding that fractions are equal parts of a whole.
Get this 77-page activity booklet printed from the PDF and posted to your door.
You will also get:
- information about the curriculum,
- learning intention checklist, sticker chart and stickers,
- suggested Apple and Android applications,
- worksheets, activities and board games,
- certificates and other print-and-cut resources.